In 1992, the Business Hall of Fame was created to honor the lives and accomplishments of extraordinary South Central Kentuckians. Hall of Fame laureates are nominated by members of the community, and then selected by an independent committee.
Over the years, Junior Achievement has honored individuals who epitomize five key standards of excellence:
• Entrepreneurial spirit and achievement
• Exceptional role model for youth
• Economic impact on area
• Business leadership
• Commitment to the goals of Junior Achievement
The Business Hall of Fame, presented by BB&T, is displayed at the Knicely Conference Center in Bowling Green, KY.
Distinguished Business Hall of Fame Laureate
• Cal Turner, Sr., Dollar General Corporation
• Everett Moore, Fruit of The Loom
• Ervin Houchens, Houchens Food Stores
• Earl Davis, Citizens Bank of Russellville
• David Garvin, Ironwood Farms
• J. Murray Hill, Sr., Bowling Green Business University
• Doug Lester, Trans Financial, Inc.
• Robert Rodes, Citizens National Bank
• Fred Higgins, Minit Mart Food Stores Inc.
• Larry Gerald, Gerald Printing
• Deborah Williams, First American National Bank
• Jim Smith, Wendy's of Bowling Green
• Charles Hardcastle, BG Consolidated
• Sandy Jones, Quality Personnel
• Lowell M. Guthrie, Trace Die Cast, Inc.
• Cornelius Martin, Martin Management Group
• C. Mike Harris, Logan Aluminum
• Jimmie P. Gipson, Houchens Industries
• Robert Kirby, Hilliard Lyons
• Leon Page, Franklin Bank & Trust Company
• Don Vitale, Manchester Capital, LLC.
• John C. Desmarais, Commonwealth Health Corp.
• Jerry E. Baker, Airgas
• Joe B. Natcher, Jr., Southern Foods
• John B. Holland, Fruit of The Loom
• Charles M. Moore, Jr., Charles M. Moore Insurance
• Jim Johnson, Jim Johnson Nissan Hyundai
• G. Michael Murphy, Scott & Murphy, Inc.
• Gary Broady, Franklin Bank & Trust Company
• Daniel J Davis, Rafferty’s Inc.